FatalEclipse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Fatal Eclipse Chat Forums. We are a D20 D&D 3.5 setting, a new roleplay environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rules and Guidelines

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Enigma
Admin
Enigma

Rules and Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Rules and Guidelines   Rules and Guidelines Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 7:22 pm

Now, I know what you're all thinking. Rules, Oh crap! Why are there always rules?!? Well news for you, news are an important part to every guild and needless to say I do wish to make some things clear to provide the environment I wish for all my precious members. I don't want to throw you in the volcano like Froto Did, so pay attention:

Rule #1

Be Kind and Courteous to your fellow players. Keep in mind this is an 18+ chat. Bad things happen. Still all things should happen with a reason. Don't try to create a scene, don't make fun of someone, don't harass someone. Just keep things civil, and keep IC and OOC separate. If you have a problem tell a DM.

Rule #2

When creating a character, don't create the character just to influence someone's story or a DM's story without getting permission from all respective parties. I discourage this anyway as I rather have people create their own stories. If you make brothers or sisters or father and son type relationships from the start that's fine, as long as it was all planned, but don't make a character down the line that may ultimately mess up what's already in play.

Rule #3

If it's private don't show it. I don't mind if you give yourself a locked room, and have yourself a nice kinky party or orgy for all I care, It's going to happen. Still, I don't want to see this in a public room. That's just bad form. If something from a scene is going to turn naughty, then just make a locked variation of that room and handle it there.

Rule #4

Now, I know people like to message a DM and bother them for a scene or bother them for sheet work, when they're on the chat I rather they just do what they want to do, which is hopefully run addies or scenes for players they've already planned. If you have questions or concerns or you want a scene the forum is a good place to request that. There will be a place people can post their requests, journals and whatever else they want in the forum. It's designed for such. You may even get bonus XP for being good.

Rule #5

No one likes a Drama Queen.

Don't whine or cry if a scene didn't go the way you wanted. Things happen ICly because something happened to bring it that way. Yes, not everything will happen as we want, part of the chat is the fact we don't have all the control, this goes for DMs also. So don't try to create a fuss or issue because something bad happened. IF in case you felt the scenes were done wrongly, say your player dies because a DM was being overpowered, then tell one of the Head DMs or message me here on the forum. We'll take care of it and slap that DM silly.

Rule #6

You aren't the victim. I know some people try to create their own stories and plotlines, which is perfectly fine if you want to give it a try, but if you're coming online and your starting a scene where you lost a leg or you're bleeding profusely and need to see a doctor or you're picking a fight with the guards with no DMs on, or trying to create scenes that may require DM intervention from the start, don't just do it because you can, if you think it'd be fun to play out, contact a DM and set something up, but doing it just to do it just isn't cool. There are ramifications for being stupid.

Rule #7

This is a Dark setting. There will be death, there will be chaos, there will be cases of assaults, sexual abuse, various degrees of unlawful acts and even elements of horror. This is NOT a child's playground. So this chat is dedicated to those who are 18 years of Age or Older. No exceptions.

Rule #8

No Meta-gaming.

What does Meta-gaming mean? I'll tell you. If you're in the lobby and someone is talking about their character, and how they plan on doing something IC, you can't go IC and ask to be a part of that project when you're character didn't have any prior knowledge of this event. Another words, don't take Out of Character information and use it for In Character purposes.

If you know the same person plays one character you can't treat their characters the same if you hate one guy and the other did nothing wrong to you, In character stays in character, out of character stays out of character. I will address these issues.

Rule #9

No God-modding.

There's various ways to God-mod, some people text fight and ignore rolls just to keep things simple, you're not invincible, you can be beat. You also can't do everything your skills are placed to prove just that. Keep in mind limitations of your character, do what they are able to do. This creates complaints and in turn comes back to me, and I will give appropriate punishments or warnings.

Rule #10

Remember to read the setting and the rules. Don't create your own role-play that wouldn't fit the settings limitations.

Rule #11

Every character will be sanctioned by a DM before it can go IC. Evil characters may be asked to provide a brief background and ideology behind the character before it is sanctioned to prevent issues with griefing and Pking. If you'd like to supply a character background there will be an outlet to do so.

Rule #12

If there is conflict, get a DM to monitor. If you're fighting another player, and this will happen time to time, don't kill each other and start your rolls without a DM present. DM's are there to make sure rules are followed and they will be there to determine if a player is killed or not.

Rule #13

Listen to the DMs. Don't argue the DMs. They are running these scenes they are doing it for free. They are there to have fun just as you are. Don't argue against them or create a scene infront of other players. Message them in IM's and explain what your problem is, don't create a scene. If you find you can't get along with that DM or they aren't doing something right, contact another DM to moderate the situation and that DM will have to respect the decision for a moderator. Head DMs are Ideal for this.

Rule #14

Teleportation. Say if a certain part of a city is blocked off at a certain time of night, don't go to another part of the city to RP when you're character was seen somewhere that is blocked off. Also don't teleport from one side of town to the other without some time to do so. This'll be in place to prevent meta-gaming. Now, if it's an Addy that just started or there's a DM event that you want to go to, but icly you're character can't be there yet, it's usually fine in this case just inform the DM.

Rule #15

Don't talk about someone's Real Life without their permission or not caring, you can call people by name only if that player permits it, and if you talk privately keep it private. I'm not here to spread gossip about someone having a baby and naming it Cheeto. Or they slept with their college professor. Just keep things clean and not at the expense of others.

Rule #16

Enigma isn't a DM. He pays for the chat and maintains the forum. He can not run scenes or fix your character sheets. He's merely there to foot the bills and handle player relations if there are problems. If you see Enigma logged on chat the chances are its not a good thing.

Rule #17

In character areas are meant to be In Character, keep OOC to a minimum while in these areas.

Last edited by Enigma on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:49 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://fataleclipse.iftopic.com
Enigma
Admin
Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines   Rules and Guidelines Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 1:04 pm

There is a Ban/Suspension system.

You get a mark for every issue that comes up that you are responsible for.

albino albino albino Three marks gives a 1 week suspension/ban

albino albino albino albino albino Five Marks is 1 month ban.

albino albino albino albino albino albino albino Seven Marks is a 3 month Ban.

albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino Nine Marks is Permanent Ban.

Now players nor DMs will see how many marks a player has. Only ones able to see this are the Head DMs and the Owner.

You do not lose marks after you serve your time. However you may lose one albino If you are on good behavior without warning or incident after a 3 month period.

If you are banned, you can submit a letter or a repeal where you will still be required to serve an amount of time, but the repeal will allow you another chance to come back on the chat, and earlier rule will apply, 3 months of good behavior you may lose one mark. but remember, the more serious the offense the more marks you get.

You can generate more then one mark dependent on the issue. The more severity the claim is the more marks you earn. I'm not going to hold back on giving these marks. There's many people who can avoid getting a single mark, it's really not that hard to follow these rules. If we sense discomfort or an issue with a certain player we will use this system to determine what the punishment will be. This is meant to be fair and everyone will be scrutinized in this system. No exceptions. DM are even scrutinized and can lose their position as DM or even experience banning because they used their DM powers unlawfully. In many cases this is a more serious offense and may generate some of the larger bans.

I'm trying to create a chat environment people can enjoy, I'm not here to be a tyrant and I understand some people can find themselves messing up once and a while. Misunderstandings can be cleared so no marks could be generated. Marks are only issued by myself or Head Dms, DMs may request a mark be placed, but must provide the evidence to back it up, just as a player may make reports and I will require the evidence again, screen shots, time and date.

Though as I said, no one will see these marks. It's your responsibility to keep track of your own issues, if you've been talked to about something then chances are it may of been noted to warrant a mark. If you're speaking to Enigma, chances are you've warranted yourself a mark or more. Enigma only comes on to handle issues. He's not to be nice nice. Often times will show up in Green DM skin so no one knows he's talking to someone to protect a player's interests.

Last edited by Enigma on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://fataleclipse.iftopic.com
chaos09x
Admin

PostSubject: Disagreement   Rules and Guidelines Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 12:27 am

I don't like Rule #11, aimed at the requirement for every character to have a background. I think this should be reserved for restricted or evil character creation. I by no means wish to ban evil PC's. I just don't want stupid people having them.

I don't like Rule #15's wording. Many people have no issue being called by name. It promotes a sense of... friendship? Rather than business. If one wishes not to share information, then they should have that conversation privately wish whomever they chose to give it to in the first place.

There should be a way to redeem yourself from marks. I understand that people make mistakes... some more than others. That doesn't mean that there is no eventual change.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines   Rules and Guidelines Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rules and Guidelines
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FatalEclipse :: Guildeines and History-
Jump to: